Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


September 20, 2015

Yellow cloud

My latest shawl is finished! It looks like a yellow cloud. Soft, fluffy, just gorgeous! Name: No Woman No Cry. It weighs 114 grams, is knitted from 1771 yards of ColourMart extra fine merino and it's a full circle, with a diameter of 160 centimeters.
And as you know I keep knitting, so a new design is on the needles already. This time a design by Stephen West, Exploration Station. Buying the yarn was great fun. I went to Deventer last weekend to visit a quilt show and I knew there was a lovely wool shop in Deventer. 
So my first steps were ahead this wool shop. And the owner wore a lovely shawl, so a few minutes later I found myself back at the counter, picking some lovely yarns to knit this shawl. 
This afternoon I had a good start.
After buying the yarn I went to the quilt show and it was great. Several Dear Jane Quilts were exposed in the synagogue.

There also was a show and tell of antique quilts. The owner, a very nice person whom I happen to know for a few years now, collects and repaires those quilts and tells about it in a lovely way.

1 comment:

Nana's Quilts said...

Your "yellow cloud" is just delicious - do you say that in Dutch, het is lekker? It is so lovely, you clever girl. And it is very fun that you could go to Deventer and along with wool shopping, go to see Caroline and hear about her antique quilts. I really think it is time for her to come here again - so we can go shopping some more. :-) And then I will have to come another time there to visit, don't you think?

Hugs,
Marne

Blogarchive