Copyright

© All pictures and text are mine. So please don't use them without my permission.


December 06, 2009

Looking at my last post tells me how busy I have been lately. It's not that I don't have anything to tell, but the time lacks to take pictures. Besides that, when I come home from work it is almost dark, when I leave for work it IS still dark and weekends? Well, they have been pretty clouded and dark
too :) We call this time the 'Dark days before Christmas".


Yesterday evening we celebrated
'pakjesavond' , in the Netherlands this still is the chief occasion for gift-giving and so my family and me spoiled each other with presents and funny, satirical poems. We all had a good time, with lots of laughs. DH and I only went to bed after reflecting on this evening and on past times, when our children were still believing Sinterklaas really existed. I too was spoiled with some lovely presents, such as a headset (so now I can Skype again with far-away friends) and some lovely pieces of fabric for my quilting activities (picture below)

I also have to show some updates on what I am working at. At first my HOHRH. House number five finally has a roof. I have to admit I started at the top this time, so the roof was an easy goal to achieve LOL





Second is the Chatelaine Holland Springtime. Last friday night I have been stitching on the yellow border in it. It takes quite some time and I find it a bit boring.
Look at the tulip in the right upper ornament! There is one coming in every corner.



There's also some progress on Vibrant Vista. I finished the first row and now went on to the right again.
And these are the pieces of fabric I got. The main thing about this is my DD went to a quiltshop and picked them carefully for me and I think she did a great job! I almost can see her, loking around in that shop and (considering the small budget) making her choice as priceworthy as can be!


8 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Joke,
Your stitching is awesome - all loods lovely!

pv said...

You've made some great progress and got a thoughtful present too!
Thanks for sharing
patty
http://whichhobby.blogspot.com/

Margaret said...

Sounds like you've been busy! I love all your WIPs. And that fabric - nice! What thoughtful buying that was!

Annie Bee said...

Love your stitching and that fabric is just beautiful.
Looking forward to seeing more progress on your Chatelaine

Giovanna said...

What great progress on your WIPs, and very pretty fabrics.

Yvonne said...

I am drooling over all your gorgeous wips. I love those fabrics and I have to say your DD got really great taste (like her mum).

mbroider said...

Love the fabric your DD got you. Enjoy them!

Unknown said...

Your stitching looks great and the fabric is beautiful!

Blogarchive